Families who receive certain benefits may be eligible for free school meals. Additionally, as part of the Pupil Premium funding we provide schools visits FREE OF CHARGE (excluding the residential trip) to children who are registered as Free School Meals. This offer is worth up to £38 every year.
To qualify you need to make sure you register for your FSM entitlement. Your child is eligible for free school meals if you are in receipt of one of the following benefits:-
- Universal Credit with an annual net earned income of not more than £7,400
- receiving income support/income-based job seekers allowance or income related employment and support allowance;
- entitled to child tax credit but not receiving working tax credit and your annual income must be below the threshold set by the government;
- receiving support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999;
- receiving the guaranteed credit element of pension credit;
- entitled to the 4 week run on of working tax credit due to employment ending
We also want to make sure that we are providing your child with the best education and support we can. Healthy school food has obvious benefits and can help pupils establish healthy habits for life. Healthy school food can also help to improve pupils’ readiness to learn.
If your child is in EYFS, Year 1 and Year 2 and receives Universal Free School Meals still please complete the form. Registering for free meals could also raise an extra £1,320 for your child’s primary school, to fund valuable support such as extra tuition, additional teaching staff or after school activities. The additional money is available from central government for every child whose parent is receiving one of the benefits listed above.
Many of our families could get Free School Meals but do not claim for them.
Save hundreds of pounds per year
Extra funding for the school in the form of Pupil Premium
It’s your entitlement
Other pupils and parents will not know you are claiming
Complete the online application form for free school meals:
Alternatively, you can print and fill out the form below returning it to the school office, the local customer service centre or return to the Benefit Section, PO Box 12, County Hall, Beverley, HU17 9BA.
If you have any queries please contact the Benefits Section on 01482 394799 or phone the school office on 01482 653388