WCLPS Curriculum – Science
At Willerby Carr Lane Primary School we see Science as an entry into an exciting and awe-inspiring world of curiosity and investigation. The best Scientific thinkers are as creative as the most profound artists. They explore, they question, they visualise and they wonder.
As Einstein said
- The important thing is to not stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing.
- Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.
- Education is what remains after one has forgotten what one has learned in school.
- There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.
- Education is not the learning of facts, it’s rather the training of the mind to think.
- I have no special talent. I am only passionately curious.
We encourage the pupils of Carr Lane to ‘think outside the box’, to question things around them and to wonder why things are like they are and whether they can change…
We can chart the development of their Scientific thinking by the growth of their curiosity. On the links below, you can see for yourself how their Scientific curiosity progresses from EYFS to Year 6…
“ I wonder” questions for each year group:
Download our curriculum long term plan: